2020-2025 Strategic Plan
Maple Valley will provide a safe and secure environment with enriching experiences that cultivate learning.
A District Where Every Child is Valued; Cultivating Personal, Physical, and Academic Growth
- Providing a safe and secure environment for all
- Authentic collaboration and open communication to engage all staff, students, parents, and community.
- Respect for all which is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- Inclusiveness by providing various experiences and pathways for each student to achieve their own unique potential.
- Data-driven decision-making to support the needs of all students
- A blend of personal instruction and technology which strengthens student knowledge and academic achievement.
- Every student becoming a productive member of society/community.
Strategic Focus Areas
We will expand and improve all curriculum to improve student performance:
- Ensure Vertical and Horizontal Alignment of K-12 Curriculum
- Continue Improvement of ELA and Math Instruction K-12
- Enhance Student Readiness for College or Career Including Skilled Trades
We will maximize resources to meet the mission and vision of the district.
- Staff Retention
- Continue to Improve Fund Balance
- Expand Appropriations and Funding for Long Term Plans for Buses, Technology, and Facilities
- Enhance Safety and Security
We will continue to improve internal and external communications.
- Enhance Internal Communication Protocols That Value Transparency and Staff Input
- Develop and Implement District Marketing Program
- Increase and Coordinate Community Partnerships
We will continue to improve the environment and culture
- Strengthen District-Wide Multi-Tiered System of Supports for Student Behavioral Expectations
- Develop District Capacity for Supporting Whole Child Initiatives
- Improve Student and Parent Engagement