Budget & Transparency
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979. The State School Aid Act has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 15 days after a board adopts its annual operating budget or subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate to our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The required information can be found posted below.
Required Information to be Posted
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of the district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Education Performance and Information (CEPI):
(A) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salary and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, and long-term care benefits.
(3) Retirement benefit costs
(4) All other personnel costs
(B) A chart of all district expenditures, broken down into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services
(3) Business and Administration
(4) Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
(A) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit.
(B) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental vision, disability, and long term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district.
(C) The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
(D) Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA 106, MCL 124.75.
4. The total salary and description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations.
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services.
7. Any deficit elimination plan or enhanced deficit elimination plan the district was required to submit under this article.
8. Identification of all credit cards maintained by the district as district credit cards, the identity of all individuals authorized to use each of those cards, the credit limit on each credit card, and the dollar limit, if any, for each individual's authorized use of the card.
9. Costs incurred for each instance of out-of-state travel by the school administrator of the district that is fully or partially paid for by the district and the details of each of those instances of out-of-state travel, including at least identification of each individual on the trip, destination, and purpose.
10. MI School Data Link
- Extended COVID-19 Learning Goal Reporting
- Return to Learn Roadmap (Updated 06.15.2021)
- Extended Learning Plan
- Extended COVID-19 Learning Training Report
- MVS COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
- Two Way Contact Reporting
- COVID-19 Reporting
- COVID-19 Policy Amendment Resolution
- Maple Valley's Continued Continuity of Learning Plan
- Maple Valley's Continuity of Learning Plan Rubric
Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
- Fiscal Year 2020-2021 January Amended Budget
- Fiscal Year 2020-2021 June Amended Budget
- Fiscal Year 2021-2022 June Proposed Budget
Summary of Expenditures - Expressed in Pie Charts
- Operating Expenditures
- Personnel Expenditures
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- 2021-2023 Teacher Collective Bargaining Agreement
- 2021-2023 Support Collective Bargaining Agreement
Health Care Plans
- Health Care Benefit Plans
Audited Financial Statements
- Audited Financial Statements - MI Department of Education Office of Audits
Salary and Benefit Description of Superintendent and Employees with Salary Exceeding $100,000
- List of Qualifying Employees
Annual Amount Spent on Dues Paid to Associations
- List of Qualifying Expenditures
Annual Amount Spent on Lobbying or Lobbying Services
No school district funds were spent on lobbying services in 2020-2021.
District Credit Card Information
- District Credit Card Information
District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information
The district has not incurred any Out-of-State Travel expenses for 2020-2021.
Michigan School Data
- Procurement Policy
Expense Reimbursement Policy
- Expense Reimbursement Policy (Professional Staff)
- Expense Reimbursement Policy (Support Staff)
Performance Evaluation Tools
- Teacher Evaluation Model for Michigan
- Support Staff Evaluation
- Overview of Superintendent Evaluation
- FAQs Regarding Administrator Evaluation
- Posting Requirements
Department of Education Guidelines for Title IX
- Title IX Coordinator's Guide
District Academic Goals
- Maple Valley Schools 2021-2022 98b Academic Goals