Maple Valley School District Strategic Plan 2020-2025
Maple Valley will provide a safe and secure environment with enriching experiences that cultivate learning.
A District Where Every Child is Valued; Cultivating Personal, Physical, and Academic Growth
- Providing a safe and secure environment for all
- Authentic collaboration and open communication to engage all staff, students, parents, and community.
- Respect for all which is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- Inclusiveness by providing various experiences and pathways for each student to achieve their own unique potential.
- Data driven decision-making to support the needs of all students
- A blend of personal instruction and technology which strengthens student knowledge and academic achievement.
- Every student becoming a productive member of society/community.
Strategic Focus Areas:
We will expand and improve all curriculum to improve student performance:
- Ensure Vertical and Horizontal Alignment of K-12 Curriculum
- Continue Improvement of ELA and Math Instruction K-12
- Enhance Student Readiness for College or Career Including Skilled Trades
We will maximize resources to meet the mission and vision of the district.
- Staff Retention
- Continue to Improve Fund Balance
- Expand Appropriations and Funding for Long Term Plans for Buses, Technology, and Facilities
- Enhance Safety and Security
We will continue to improve internal and external communications.
- Enhance Internal Communication Protocols That Value Transparency and Staff Input
- Develop and Implement District Marketing Program
Increase and Coordinate Community Partnerships
We will continue to improve the environment and culture
- Strengthen District-Wide Multi-Tiered System of Supports for Student Behavioral Expectations
- Develop District Capacity for Supporting Whole Child Initiatives
- Improve Student and Parent Engagement
At the request of Dr. Michael Rice, please consider responding to the survey for the Department of Education's Strategic Planning in addition to the planning we are doing within Maple Valley.
I want to make sure your voice is heard!
This is a kind reminder to take the quick online survey to help review and update Michigan’s Top 10 in 10 strategic education plan that will be more streamlined and focused, and will have measures that align with the goals to help us monitor progress toward becoming a top education state.
It is important that you weigh in with your thoughts, and please share the survey link with your community. Use the link above, or go to www.michigan.gov/mde.
Since February 2016, the current strategic education plan for making Michigan a Top 10 education state in 10 years has been the guiding document for Michigan’s education efforts. During the September 2019 State Board of Education meeting, I expressed the need to review and update that plan.
The Top 10 in 10 plan is the state’s plan to drive improvement in the education system for Michigan’s children. Based on recent interviews with State Board of Education members, education stakeholders and partners, tribal partners, and MDE staff, potential goals were explored and are included within the survey for input.
Michael F. Rice, Ph.D.