The Common Core is a set of high-quality academic standards in mathematics and English language arts/literacy (ELA). These learning goals outline what a student should know and be able to do at the end of each grade. The standards were created to ensure that all students graduate from high school with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college, career, and life, regardless of where they live.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Reading Street
- Michigan K-12 Social Studies Standards
- Cereal City Science
Coordinated School Health District Goal
The Maple Valley Schools Coordinated School Health strives for the schools, families, and communities to provide the resources and education necessary for children to lead healthy, safe, productive, and positive lives.
The Maple Valley Schools Coordinated Health Team strives to encourage/motivate families to:
- Be active
- Choose healthy food over processed food
- Chose water over other drinks
- Promote positive lifestyle choices to prevent childhood obesity